We are looking for a team of enthusiastic volunteers to lead/assist in running a variety of events to raise funds for our charity.
Real Action is an innovative and ambitious educational charity. Our mission is to demonstrate that social and economic disadvantage need not result in educational disadvantage.
We are currently looking for a team of enthusiastic volunteers to lead/assist in planning and running a variety of events to raise funds for our charity. As an Event Planner Volunteer, you'll be co-responsible for putting on a range of events. You'll manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the actual day itself and the post-event evaluation. The role is very hands-on and involves working as part of a team.
This is a great role for a volunteer who is interested in becoming an Event Coordinator, it also gives the opportunity to work in an enjoyable environment, with truly inspiring and dedicated people.
Working hours: 2 - 3 days per week (from home or in our office)
Tasks will include but not limit to:
- plan and manage events accordingly;
- liaise with Management Team to produce detailed proposals for events (for example, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed;
- specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities;
- cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicise event;
- coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs
- smoothly and to budget;
- manage a team of staff, giving full briefings;
- produce post-event evaluation to inform future events;
- research opportunities for new clients and events.
- organisational skills and attention to detail;
- communication and interpersonal skills;
- negotiation skills when looking for the best price from venues, suppliers and contractors;
- time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure the efficient running of an event;
- problem-solving skills and diplomacy;
- sales and marketing skills to promote the event and attract sponsorship;
- the ability to manage budgets as you'll be responsible for event budgets;
- a flexible, target-driven, proactive approach;
- administrative and IT skills;
- self-motivation and enthusiasm.